Recommended by CoTCCC for the prevention of hypothermia during casualty care, the patented HPMK® with reinforced Heat Reflective Shell is strong, flexible, lightweight & impervious to wind & rain. The HRS™, the kit’s ruggedized outer shell, is constructed of a 4-ply, composite fabric with a protected non-conductive reflective layer that provides excellent thermal insulation. Rapid 360° access to the casualty with minimal exposure to the elements is achieved through the use of 1.5 in. continuous Velcro® closures located along the perimeter of the covering. The HRS™ also features a built-in hood, fluid absorption pad & top-to-bottom tapered shape to maximize isothermal capabilities. The heat-generating source of the HPMK® is a self-heating, oxygen-activated shell liner designed to sustain 10 hours of continuous dry heat (no external power supply required). This low cube kit is vacuum-packaged in a rugged, pliable pouch featuring NAR’s Red Tip Technology® with tabs that allow easy access and rapid deployment.
- TCCC-recommended hypothermia prevention solution
- Sustains 10 hours of continuous dry heat with oxygen-activated, self-heating liner (no external power supply required)
- Provides excellent thermal insulation with multi-layer composite construction of its outer shell (HRS™)
- Tapered shape, built-in hood and 360° Velcro® closures maximize isothermal capabilities
- Reinforced and weight tested to support 250+ lb