Introducing the latest Cooling Technology for effective Human Thermo-Regulation
Constructed of Polar Skin Mini-Mesh™ saturated in ArcticAqua Sport™ and two specially-sized gel packs encased in integrated pouches, the Polar Skin Cooling Collar™ is deliberately designed to align with the carotid artery and provides cold directly to the lateral and anterior portions of the neck. Place the Polar Skin™ Cooling Collar in a cooler with ice. Open it and saturate it with ice water when you need it. Remove the gel packs when you’re done and wash it. Refreeze the system and reuse it day after day to prevent heat illness and to promote performance recovery.
Polar Skin Ice Sheets™ are the principle cooling component of the Polar Skin™ Cooling System. Constructed from Polar Skin Mini-Mesh™, Polar Skin Ice Sheets™ come saturated in ArcticAqua™ and react to an elevated body temperature to promote evaporative cooling. The 36 in. x 30 in. Polar Skin Ice Sheets™ are available in Single, Double & Triple Packs securely sealed in a rugged, durable foil pouch that prevents air or moisture transfer.
FEATURES OF POLAR SKIN™ TECHNOLOGY
Polar Skin Mini-Mesh™
(n.) A unique smart textile treated with a hydrofunctional polymer. Fiber construction allows for liquid absorptive capacity 350% greater than basis weight.
(n.) A proprietary solution that prevents rigidity well below 0°F while providing the requisite moisture to support evaporative, convective, and conductive cooling.
- Excellent reusable modality for heat illness prevention and rapid performance enhancement
- Scientifically proven to reduce core temperature by .09°F/minute in 100°F heat when used according to protocol
- Absolutely portable; when prepared to 0°F and stored in a Polar Skin Cooler with ice, the system maintains an internal temperature of ≤32°F for 17.5 hours in >85°F ambient temperatures
- Excellent thermal transmittance and moisture vapor transmission rate
- Adheres to current National Athletic Trainers’ Association and U.S. Army protocols for heat illness treatment
- Allows for full access to the body while cooling
- Packaged: W 8.5 in. x L 5.25 in. x D 2 in.
- Weight: 2.5 lb