The Rescue Responder Side Armor Set is the cummerbund-style side Level IIIA soft armor (coverage H 7 in. x L 62 in.) providing increased lateral protection when used in conjunction with the MKII Soft Armor Vest. The ballistic soft armor is comprised of a unique, multi-hit capable, patent-pending assembly of ballistic materials that capture projectiles and disperse the energy over the entire surface of the panel. It's two adjustable panels together accommodate up to a 62 in. waist and feature MOLLE capability that allows for the attachment of additional medical or extraction equipment as needed.
For additional lateral protection, hard side plates and pouches are each available for separate purchase.
- NIJ 06 Level IIIA Soft Armor Ballistic Protection
- Cummerbund-style Side Armor Set (coverage H 7 in. x L 62 in.) compatible with the MKII Soft Armor Vest/Rescue Task Force Vest Kit
- Mil-Spec industrial reinforced webbing
- MOLLE modular attachment system (PALS compatible)
- Durable 1,000-denier Cordura nylon external carrier construction
- Adjustable hook and loop adjustable panels accommodate up to a 62 in. waist
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty
- Blast mitigation configuration
- Made in the USA
- Complies with and exceeds NIJ Ballistic Resistance Standard 0101.06 for ballistic performance of Level IIIA body armor
- Accommodates side hard armor plate pouches and plates (not included) for increased lateral protection
- Proprietary assembly of ballistic materials
- Upgradeable to Level III/IV protection with the addition of hard plates (not included)
- Each Panel: H 8 in. x W 28 in. x D 0.5 in.
- Cummerbund coverage area: H 7 in. x L 62 in.
- Maximum Waist Measurement: 62 in.
- Total Weight: 4 lb 7 oz