||The Tactical Responder MKV-FIRE was designed to be an exclusive solution for firefighters. Building upon the proven record of the original Tactical Responder MKII, the MKV model was created to aid First Responders who need to “not appear geared-up“.
The Tactical Responder MKV-FIRE is the world’s first modular, modifiable and versatile body armor system, designed specifically to provide fire responders complete control of their threat preparedness and capability. Adjustable up to a 61-inch waist, the Tactical Responder MKV-FIRE allows for simplified “one-size-fits-most” sizing. Additionally, the front and rear internal plate suspension systems allow quick and simple ballistic plate integration and enhancement. The MK V-FIRE is fully upgradeable using bicep and yoke add-on protection. Material selection is geared towards blending in with current turnout gear.
- Detachable and modular construction that allows neck and bicep upgrade
- 12”x18” ballistic coverage for front and back protection.
- Internal front-and-back plate pockets can accommodate additional hard armor plates up to 11” x 14”
- Side Armor System adds 360 degrees Level IIIA coverage around the waist (up to 61 inches) via a removable/adjustable cummerbund using MOLLE webbing
- Adjustable hook and loop, padded shoulder straps provide a fully adjustable, one-size-fits-most system
- Hook and loop patches for high-visibility ID panels on front and back
- Rugged “man down” drag handle
- System weight – 10.5 lbs. (not including accessories)
- Total ballistic coverage area when the cummerbund is used is 682 sq. in.
- 1.8 yards of reflective material providing 360-degree high-visibility using 3” wide 3M Scotch Reflective material 9587
- Constructed from durable thermal resistant GEMINI™ XT fabric, made of PBI® and DuPont™ Kevlar® spun yarns
- 1.17 PSF IIIA soft armor panels are sonically welded in Brookwood 70D with laminated polyurethane
- Level IIIA panel thickness of less than 0.30”
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty on the carrier, 5 years on armor
- Made in the USA
- Side Armor